Saturday, May 7, 2011

being mom

Lately there has been a lot of posts on facebook like if your a mom put the time and weight of your child, and "I have carried a life inside of me" and on and on. Don't get me wrong these are totally awesome and amazing however they got me to thinking what really makes someone a mom. I am not doubting my validity as a mother, or anyone elses, just got me to thinking about my own processes in which I became one. I feel so blessed that I became a mom in the way that I did. I would not change it for the world although I would be completely lying if I told you that I don't wonder sometimes what it would be like to take that first positive pregnancy test, or feel the first kick, or know what its like to breast feed. But my journey has not been so different. In fact there are so many similarities I decided to write "Being Mom". sorry if you don't like it I wrote it for my girls and me just thought I would share!

Being Mom
Conception- I cannot remember the day you were conceived but I remember the day we got the call and how long we waited for that day.
First picture- I don't remember your first sonogram (if you even had one)but I remember the first time I saw your picture with a note attached that said "It's a girl", oh how I knew I loved you and we cried for hours.
Pregnancy- I don't know what it was like to carry you for 9 months, oh but I remember the wait and anticipation and longing to bring you home.
Body Changes- I don't remember stretch marks or hormones, but I remember the worry lines and gray hairs and oh yeah plenty of heartburn.
Labor- I don't remember how long or hard it was to bring you into the world, but I remember how long and hard it was to fill out all those papers and have home inspection after home inspection, interview after interview, background check after background check to determine if we would make good parents (and yes it was painful).
Birth-I don't remember what your first cry sounded like or what you looked like those first moments but I remember what my heart felt the first time you were put in my arms and someone told me you were mine.
First homecoming- I don't remember taking you home from the hospital for the first time but I remember the first time you came home we couldn't quit staring at you like you would disappear if we blinked.

I loved you before I even knew you and more everyday. There is no limits to my love for you. God choose you for me and me for you and that my child is what makes me a mother!

1 comment:

  1. Emily.... I LOVE YOU!!! You are such an inspiration to me!! Thanks for blogging:P) and Happy Mothers Day!!

    ReplyDelete